Food safety & labelling complaints
Food safety and labelling complaints help the NSW Food Authority and local councils identify and stop serious risks to the wellbeing of NSW residents.
We welcome all reports.
Retail food outlets
Local councils inspect most types of retail food business and take food safety complaints about them.
For complaints about retail businesses (except butchers), and reports of food poisoning affecting one household, please call the local council where the food business is: see local council contacts
For other issues relating to food safety & labelling, butchers or possible food poisoning in more than one household, please use the form below.
- Depending on the type of complaint, the form has up to 6 sections. There is no time limit to complete the form, but it can take 5-20 minutes.
- You need to complete the form in one sitting and can take as long as you need. You cannot save it and finish later.
- Please be as accurate and detailed as possible to enable us to assess your complaint. We may not be able to investigate an issue where information is not sufficient. It is an offence to make a false or misleading report.
- The information you provide will be used by the NSW Food Authority to review and possibly investigate your complaint and take enforcement action. The information may be passed on to local councils and interstate enforcement agencies or health agencies such as public health units for action. The Food Authority does not disclose your personal details to food businesses complained about, except if ordered by a court.
- You can remain anonymous, but giving us your name and contact details can help if we or other agencies need to ask for more information.
- If you give us a valid email address you can choose to have a copy of the completed form emailed to you.
OK, let's get started...